Development Transformations (DT) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a U.S. Department of State-funded civil society development program in Syria. The position will be based in Gaziantep, Turkey. The program will be implemented by DT in order to build the organizational capacity of civil society organizations within liberated areas of Syria through a broad range of grant packages and other assistance.
The Translator, based in Gaziantep, Turkey, will provide support to program personnel. He/She will be responsible for providing translation and interpretation services to the CSSP Gaziantep Office. Local Turkish and Syrian candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Translate orally and/or in writing all documents presented by program staff.
- Provide translation services for program personnel, and other individuals for meetings, interviews, telephone calls, etc. including one-to-one and group settings.
- Prepare written translations of instructional and educational materials, correspondence, forms, and the like from one language to another when appropriate for use by program staff and partners.
- Review translated material for accuracy of meaning, grammar and syntax.
- Answer inquiries from program staff and partners and interpret and explain words and phrases for meaning and appropriateness.
- Participate in program activities, including meetings and conferences, as needed
- 3-5 years relevant work experience providing similar translation and interpretation services, preferably in an international office environment and/or in support of a Donor-funded grants program;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications;
- Most possess excellent written and verbal English and Arabic communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work well in diverse teams but also as an individual with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating and negotiating with local institution and organizations, donors, and partners;
- Experience working in Turkey and/or Syria on similar grant programs is strongly desired; and
- Experience working in the deadline-driven environment.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Development Transformations (DT):
Development Transformations (DT) is an international development company that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of programs and personnel working in countries undergoing rapid and transformational change. DT offers program design, program management, training, and technical expertise for civilian practitioners on stabilization, transitional governance, and civil society. DT has experience working with multiple?USG agencies and a track record managing high-priority prime?contracts for the USG in non-permissive countries such as Syria, Turkey, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, and Afghanistan. Primary clients include USAID, the State Department, and various development organizations.
DT is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To apply please visit our website.