RECRUITMENT FOR TURKEY
“Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for Translator for WHO supported Project for Migrant health Training center in İstanbul.”
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
With support of world Health Organization, Doctors Worldwide Turkey (DWWT) provides support for preparing Syrian doctors and nurses to work within the Turkish medical system in Istanbul in a partnership with the Ministry of Health-Turkey
Translator is in charge of assisting management of the mission regards to the translation (Arabic/Turkish) of all documents and oral translation during consultations, mümeetings and professional conversations.
2. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with all teams, translating exactly and fully from Arabic/Turkish and vice-versa, everything said by either party in the consultation or conversation.
- Ask questions to the team if words and sentences are not well understood to be sure ideas are well communicated
- Kindly interrupt the interlocutors when it is needed to have time to translate
- Behave with self-restraint at all times and treat interlocutor kindly and with respect.
- Explain in other words if there is some misunderstanding.
- Translate written documents (Arabic/Turkish)
- Provide any help when requested by any member of the team.
- Participate in internal work meetings
- Report any security related issues to the referent or to the Field Coordinator
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DWWT programs/activities.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelors university degree or equivalent qualification in Arabic and Turkish linguistics, interpretation or related fields.
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and Turkish, knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Turkish national/resident with previous working experience in field and currently based in Turkey, able to live in Istanbul or Izmir.
- Ability to maintain an adequate speed and volume of output.
- Ability to perform under continuous stress and deliver complete and accurate translation of a broad range of subjects.
- Good computer skills.
- High standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text.
- Excellent teamwork and inter-personnel skills
- Health literacy
- Report/proposal writing skills
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program
- Willing to live and work in challenging conditions.
- Ability to travel and relocate if required.
- CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Duration: Until 30th May 2017
Contract: Employee – Fixed Term
Location: İstanbul (Location can be changed if needed)
- PROCESS OF APPLICATION
- Send your application file (CV, motivation letter) to email:
- Precise to what position you apply in the Subject of e-mail.
- Only short list candidates will be called for an interview.